April 23, 2012

New Mountain Bike Trail in central Durham!

This is so exciting! A beginner mountain bike trail has been built at Campus Hills Park (where I coach my Masters swim team) and it's grand opening ceremony is this Saturday at 10:00am.

See the flier below for more info:



Riding my bike from home to Campus Hills is quick and easy. Here's the route. Only 3.9 miles. Google maps estimates 26 minutes, but it's more like 22 minutes for me.

I'm just so excited that they built a mountain bike trail in Durham! I have no idea what it's like, or whether it would be rideable with Eliza in the bike trailer behind me, but I'm excited to check it out.

TORC helped build the trail, and I've got to give a shout-out to them. TORC is the premier mountain bike club in the Triangle. I'm a former member of TORC, and the short time I spent as a member, I saw a lot of great things being done. This is not the first mountain bike trail to be built in Durham under TORC's leadership - Solite Park, which is located right off the ATT, is home to a "pump track" and a very short section of singletrack trail. Solite Park bike trails are kid-friendly and are safe ways to get out and enjoy cycling without worrying about a car running you over!

Very cool! I just thought I'd share the news of the new trail. I'll take pictures and post up about the trail later, when I get a chance to get out there. I cannot make it to the grand opening ceremony as I am volunteering at the USMS Short Course National Championships in Greensboro from 12-5!

No comments: